13 September 2008

My birthday quilt finally

I am FINALLY making my 40th birthday quilt. For those who don't know I was given a metre of fabric from all friends family so I could make a quilt. The only instruction I gave was that they had to find something that they felt represented me to them. Naturally I have ended up with a large variety. I don't care that the fabric is different types I just want it to look reasonable colour wise. I have added some checks and plain fabrics to match a bit but need some other eyes to take a look and give me some feedback.

I have put the pics up on my blog along with the two templates I have chosen, not sure if I am going to do just one of them or both (advise appreciated) but the second template would be a plane pinwheel of solid triangles. Anyway, would love you all to take a look and tell me what you think goes with what. Each two bits are ones I thought would be ok together.







The above templates came from quilting.about.com

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

am i too late to bring a metre to the party?

Kelli said...

never! will accept late comers with pleasure :)

Bec said...

I like the log cabin one. And those fabrics are lovely. What a special memory you'll be able to create.