13 June 2009

tired, so very very tired

Fuck I am tired! I really am exhausted. Not the I've had a big night exhausted, not that "I've been up all night with a baby" exhausted. Just the weeks have caught up with me kinda exhausted. Since the CEO resigned at work I have taken on all the operational side of her job plus maintained my duties and inherited the odd extras as well and it is starting to take its toll. Don't get me wrong, I love my job, I work well under pressure and embrace a challenge but it is a stressful job with a lot of responsibility and I am tired. We are going thru some huge re-structuring of the organisation which will see some exciting changes and developments so it is a great time for us and I am really thrilled to be part of it. Be nice to get some new staff on board though :)

Yesterday I went to Bicheno to speak with a newly hired staff member and do a brief induction with her. Took the opportunity to have a night with my folks and came back to 'town' today. Kids are catching up with their father tonight as they haven't seen him for 9 days. Back to our frantic routine on Monday with school holidays over and a busy week ahead. Doing interviews in the South and North West next week for new staff which will be interesting. First time I have sat on a panel interview so is a great learning opportunity for me.

Gave myself a crash course in web maintenance using a system I am very unfamiliar with so have been breaking and fixing our website on a pretty regular basis LOL Anyone want to make a website easy to use for me?? FREE?????? Actually the more I get to know it the easier it is becoming, still wouldn't mind someone else doing it for me.

Have been knitting myself a pair of socks. I am on the second sock and pretty damn pleased with myself. For an anti-sock knitter Iz dun gooden!! I will post pics when I can be fagged getting the camera out and doing some. Still have tons of UFO's piling up in my cubby hole.

No comments: