02 November 2009

Long Weekend

i have had a flat out weekend and am knackered. On Sat we drove down and collected mum from CampbellTown then continued to Ross and wandered around the antique/craft stores and museums. Then went inland and drove for a bit and grabbed some lunch and picnicked in a park. On Sunday mum and I ditched kids (send to A's) and went to the Tassie Art and Craft Fair, it is amazing. Set in the town of Deloraine, several hundred stalls spread over 8 venues with buses to take you from venue to venue. We spent 4hrs there and had a great day, nice to just be me and mum for a change. Didn't spend much as it was all quite expensive. I bought a cheese showbag LOL and a couple of xmas decos for kids (I buy them a new one every year). Today Dad came up and collected mum, they stayed for lunch then took off. I took the kids down to this small reserve about 15 min from here called Corralynn and they had a swim and played. We didnt' stay long because I forgot to pack sunscreen and it is hot here atm. Came home and planted out the summer garden. Have corn, tomatoes, strawbs, beetroot, carrots, lettuce and I threw some old spuds in at the end too. Am having 5 min sit down before we start bath and usual school night ritual. Oh, we had a long weekend here for recreation, gotta love Tassie for it's monthly long weekends LOL

Will post some photos soon too

No comments: