12 September 2010

Sunday in My City or

the quilt that will be the end of me.
Today is very windy and cold. A good day for being inside and doing very little. I finished securing this damn quilt. I hope to get it finished this week but I won't hold anyone to that! It really is doing my head in.
Thus, I didn't go out and about today. Instead I went and took a shot in both directions of my road. I live on a very long road that is about 15 or so blocks, that is comprised of some newish estates running off it and then the 'not so Paris end' where we live.
We are in the Northern Suburbs of Launceston that run along side the river. Next week I will get out and do something a bit more interesting I promise







 

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa



Unknown Mami

14 comments:

Vicki said...

It might be cold but it looks like spring is on it's way. Your wattle looks great.

Anonymous said...

It wasn't windy but it was cold in Melbourne so I was happy to spend much of my day indoors as well. I love your wattle photos, they remind me of real Spring and the warmth that is to eventuate.

I hope you get some quilting done!

Jayne said...

Gorgeous pics! Looks like you're enjoying the new camera! :)

Jayne said...

Gorgeous pics :) Looks like you are enjoying the new camera!

Tara R. said...

You got some lovely shots close to home. I would welcome some of that cold here in Florida.

Joanne Olivieri said...

Nice shots. I love the third one down. It's been fun spending some time in your world.

qandlequeen said...

Gearing up for quilting season here. Not yet cold, but it's coming - about a month away. My table and machine are set up, and fabrics standing ready. Soon. Very soon.

When did I become my Mom? said...

Well if these are shots from just around you, I'd say you live in quite a beautiful area. Good luck with your quilt! (I have a crochet project that annoyed me so much that I put it aside and I've been studiously avoiding it for 10 months now)

Joanna Jenkins said...

I love your terms "this damn quilt". I've had a few projects like that myself. Hang in there.

You live in a beautiful neighborhood. Thanks for sharing.

Happy SIMC, jj

Claudya Martinez said...

I hope the quilt is not the end of you.

We have wattles in San Francisco too. I didn't know they were called that until someone from Australia told me.

Erin said...

Great pics....and the sleeping kittie just makes the Sunday!

Kristin - The Goat said...

Too funny. I hope you get that quilt done. I hate having those never ending projects hanging over my head.

Kristin _ The Goat
via SIMC

Sonya said...

Your damn quilt sure is beautiful! LOL

The Absence of Alternatives said...

I love your Photoshopped picture. A burst of yellow in the midst of black and white. Wow. That sounded just like a metaphor for being Asian in some parts of US. ;-)