This week the weather is becoming a little more reliable. I have been weeding the garden bed that has been resting for the last couple of weeks and thinking about what to plant for summer.
A couple of staples are tomatoes, corn, beetroot, strawberries and lettuce.
Growing your own veggies is a fantastic way to not only save money but to eat better. Kids especially love to help in the garden and harvest what they have grown. It is so much more exciting cooking and eating something you have grown yourself.
Not only do you save money though, there are so many benefits to having a garden.
1. beautiful organic produce
2. saved fuel costs as you don't need to go to the shops as often
3. save on plastic bags, packaging
4. save on storage as you only pick the produce as you need it
5. fewer food miles, you know it is grown here and not overseas or in another state
6. less carbon miles
7. healthy for the air we breath
So what do you do to live lighter? Share your story and join us at Frugal Friday. For more info and instructions go to the Frugal Friday page