27 September 2011

Who stole the cookies from the cookie jar.......

I didn't steal the cookies but I did eat a teensy tiny bit a lot of cookie dough!  And so I should, being that I am a responsible parent and 1) don't want my kids poisoned, 2) childhood obesity and all that....

I also made a shit load of biscuits/cookies using the easy peasy 'too many biscuits' that I got from Kate who says stuff and she got it from Kate who doesn't grow pickles!

The recipe goes something like this:

Too Many Biscuits  (bit silly name cos how many are too many??)
- 500gms butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tin condensed milk
- 5 cups self raising flour

Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.  ( have a bit of an uneven heat and i suspect it cooks hotter than it says so I put mine on high fan at 160c)

Cream the butter and sugar until light.

Beat in condensed milk (unlike Kate I didn't eat any much)
Mix in flour then divide and add any additional items you like. You can go to town at this part.  I have used lots of different stuff but today I did mini m&m's and choc buds and some cocoa.


Roll into teaspoonfullish sized balls and bake for ten minutes or until starting to turn golden. If cooking from frozen add another couple of minutes cooking time.  I also squish them down a little bit.



From this mix I got around 50 biscuits and I froze two 'tubes' of dough for another day.





No comments: