26 November 2011

how does your garden grow?

Ours is going quite well.  There wasn't a lot of space for a veggie garden here so I have utilised all the space I have and used pots for some things like tomatoes, spring onions and basil.

This is the main bed after mulching and getting ready to plant. 


These two beds have strawberries that I trimmed and split up after last season.


Our strawberries are now flourishing and I am picking around 15 a day on average.



This bed has lettuce, broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, tomatoes (self seeded) and mini cabbages.  It did have corn but something ate it all.

 The compost is not my responsibility so I stay out of it (although I did build it).  I only hope it works and is doing what it is meant to do.



Spudatoes!  Yum, nothing like home grown spuds and I am looking forward to these ones.


Do you have a veggie patch?  We love it and the kids love harvesting and watching things grow.

No comments: