10 May 2012

My current fave recipe

I came across the Chocolate Covered Katie site on pinterest and instantly fell in love.  She has taken the not so healthy sweet craving food and turned it into moderately healthy food without skimping on flavour.

This is a fave with us and everyone I have made try it so I thought I would share.  I have made a couple of changes to suit our needs so it isn't exactly the same as Katie's.

Deep Dish Cookie Pie


  • 1 can chick peas blended fine
  • 1 cup regular rolled oats blended fine
  • 3 tbsp oil (canola, veg, or coconut)
  • 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 cup coconut sugar
  • 1 cup chocolate chips
Blend everything (except the choc chips) very well in a good food processor (not a blender). Mix in chips, and pour into an oiled pan .  I actually use a deep pie dish.  Bake in pre-heated 180c oven for around 40 min.  I tend to leave in the dish until cook and then cut into pieces.  It is very brownie fudgey in texture and absolutely divine!!

image from here

No comments: