18 August 2012

What are you doing?

I am reading: 

Daughter Of Persia: A Woman's Journey From Her Father's Harem Through The Islamic Revolution 

by Sattareh Farman Farmaian

I am really enjoying this book.  Sattareh became a social worker after studying in the USA in the 1940's.  She was an integral player in the changes in Iran's welfare system and provides a great insight into the history of this country.

I am watching:  
As usual I am watching the current series of True Blood.
I have also started watching The C Word but have mixed feelings on this one.
My guilty viewing is the new Dallas series, I swear it is like a train wreck, you just can't turn away even though it is so very bad.

I am cooking:
Back into it this week after a two hiatus of holidays.  At the moment I have soup bones on the go.  I got a large back of meaty beef bones at the local butcher for $1.  Can you believe it!   The have been in the slow cooker overnight and are the stock is sooooooooooo full of gelatine and so shiny!  I plan to make Beef noodle soup with liver dumplings.  This is something I used to have years ago and remember it being very good for you and very nice so I will see if my memory can recreate it.

I am sewing:
The endless saga of my 40yo quilt!  It is almost finished and I will devote a full post to it eventually.
I am up to wadding stage on it and have finished front and back.
I am also doing some pyjama pants for Nienna at the moment,.
This is the front of the unfinished quilt

I am knitting:
Again, for Nienna.  I am doing a rainbow dress as a tunic top.  Using purple and pink striped Bendigo woolen mills yarn and it is knitting up quite nicely.  I just hope it fits!


So what are you up to??

1 comment:

Tracey @ Bliss Amongst Chaos said...

Still finishing my cross stitch I started over 5 years ago ( :-| ) and waiting to start another knitting project but I need to concentrate for this one, so have to wait til I have no distractions!