I found my dining chairs on hard rubbish three years ago. This is what they were like in their original state
I bought a discounted roll of uphostery fabric at spotlight and recovered them. I think the fabric cost me about $12 all up. Not bad!
Well, after three years they were looking decidedly grotty so I this weekend I decided to recover them again with left over fabric on the roll and they are looking as good as new once again. The old fabric I have soaking and if it cleans up ok I will sew some knitting project bags with it. I also managed to reuse all the cut tacks as well so a complete recycle. This pic is when they were originally recovered, same look but different kitchen now LOL